Chapter 12: A Man and Evangelism
Today is the final installment of excerpts from my new book, A Man’s Guide to the Spiritual Disciplines. Visit our web location for numerous additional audio, video, and print resources on the Spiritual Disciplines.
The subheadings in Chapter 12, “A Man and Evangelism,” the final chapter of A Man’s Guide to the Spiritual Disciplines, are….
- Cosmic Loneliness
- How God Sees People
- What Is Evangelism?
- When Are Men Open to Evangelism?
- Living Out the Discipline of Evangelism
- How to Lead a Man to Christ
- How to Give Your Testimony
- Next, Explain How to Receive Christ
- Letting the Gospel Come Through
- A Review of the Big Ideas
- Discussion Questions
For our final installment in this series, I thought I would publish “A Review of the Big Ideas” which pulls from several different sections of the chapter.
> A Review of the Big Ideas <
- If we see men in any way other than how God sees them, we may miss our moment to help them.
- Evangelism is taking someone as far as he wants to go toward Jesus.
- The best method of evangelism is the one you will use.
- Evangelism is the process by which we incrementally help unbelieving men and women see God as He is and respond to Him by accepting His offer of salvation through the sacrificial death of His Son, through the working of the Holy Spirit.
- The task of evangelism is to take away people’s mist so that, if they do reject Christianity, they are at least rejecting what it really is.
- First, you should be able to give him the testimony of how you became a Christian.
- Second, you should be able to show him God’s plan of salvation in the Bible.
I hope you have enjoyed these excerpts. If you need or want help in any way for any of the 12 spiritual disciplines we’ve reviewed, please feel free to email me and I’ll get back to you.
For the glory of Christ and no other reason,
Pat Morley, Ph.D.
P.S. You can order this book through our bookstore by clicking here.