What Needs to Happen Next for Men’s Discipleship to Flourish?
For several years, the Christian men’s movement can be described as “men with good hearts doing the best they can.” Such a condition will never develop into much more than a hobby. Many lay leaders and pastors need someone who has “been there” and can walk with them as they implement an intentional discipleship process for men in their church.
How are we going to take the men’s discipleship movement to the next level? What’s needed now are:
- A shared vision to engage every man in America with a credible offer of Christ and the resources to grow
- An effective, all-inclusive men’s discipleship ministry in every church
- A systematic plan and resources to execute this vision
- A field force of trained professionals who regularly make “house calls” on churches for training, resourcing, and consulting to establish and build effective men’s discipleship ministries. (Our goal is to have 50 Field Associates in place and functioning by June 30, 2009. We are approximately half way to this goal).
What we need next is….
- A strong recruitment program for Field Associates aimed at younger as well as older leaders
Field Associates will….
- Identify and establish relationships with churches in their city, denominational jurisdiction, region, or territory
- Provide effective leadership training, men’s resources, and consulting services to these churches on how to build sustainable men’s discipleship ministries
- Showcase successful models that can be imitated
To support Field Associates we will….
- Offer a way to generate revenue to support a part time career
- Develop a career path for men to want to be full-time in “men’s discipleship”
- Help educate pastors on what works and doesn’t work with men.
Would you like to explore a part- or full-time career in men’s discipleship—or know someone who would? If so, I want to introduce you to Al Lenio, Director of Sales and Marketing for Man in the Mirror. Al is heading up this initiative.
On Thursday of this week, we are having a field recruiting conference call. To learn more, have a phone conversation with Al, or get the call in number for the Thursday conference call, please email Al at AlLenio@maninthemirror.org.
Together, we can do this….
Patrick Morley, Ph.D.