Your Sufferings Are a Precious Gift from God
The problem was that Bill had lost hope. He had lost hope because he didn’t have a plan. It wasn’t that Bill didn’t know what he needed to do. Most men know what they need to do, but they don’t have a plan to get them there.
- Philippians 3:10. We’re invited to participate in the fellowship of His sufferings.
- Philippians 1:29. It’s a privilege to suffer for Christ.
- 1 Peter 4:12. We should not be surprised when we suffer.
- James 1:2. We should consider it joy to suffer.
- Romans 5:3-5. Suffering produces perseverance, character, and hope that doesn’t disappoint.
- 1 Peter 4:1-2. When we suffer, sin loses power.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9. His grace is sufficient. His power–the power of a transformed life–is made perfect in weakness.
Yours for changed lives,
Patrick Morley, Ph.D.