465 – The No Man Left Behind Model Card
Here’s a simple strategy for using the card:
- Ask for the appointment. For either type of leader, invite them to coffee or a brief appointment. Tell them you want to share what’s going on with men’s discipleship in the church, your vision and your approach.
- Use the quiz as an ice breaker. Ask the person you’re meeting with to give their honest opinion, and see what the score is. Discuss the score and its implications. Look at the lowest scores to identify perceived “problem areas.”
- Turn the card over and show them the NMLB model. Explain to them that this is designed to address many of the issues brought up in the quiz they just took.
- Use the short explanations of the terms that are printed on the card, and elaborate as necessary. If possible, use specific examples from your church that illustrate the concepts.
- Solicit feedback on the model and its implementation in your church.
- For potential new leaders: if the model and its concepts seem to resonate strongly with them, invite them to your next leadership meeting as an observer. This could be the first step toward a new member of your leadership team.
- For other ministry leaders: make sure to spend time talking about the ‘All-Inclusive’ concept. Emphasize that every ministry that men are involved in, including theirs, is a vital part of men’s discipleship in your church. Ask them how you can support them as they impact their men.