An Update on Surge: Man in the Mirror’s Initiative to Disciple 1,000,000 Men by 2015 #455
First of all, thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and getting the word out on our initiative to hire 330 full-time Area Directors.
Many of you have been asking, “What are you doing?” and “How’s it going?” So here’s the skinny.
This is, for us, a once in a lifetime mission–probably the biggest thing we will ever do. We are undergoing a major transformation into a different ministry. In 12 months we will have hundreds of new staff.
Our goal is to help equip churches to disciple 1,000,000 new men by 2015, and 10,000,000 men by 2020. To accomplish that goal, we need “boots on the ground” coaching and consulting with churches. Each Area Director will have a territory of 1,000 churches. The near-term mission of each Area Director will be to form relationships with 100 churches, which each disciple 30 to 40 new men by the end of 2015 (that’s where the 1,000,000 comes from).
Here are the details….
- Near-Term Goal: to appoint 40 Area Directors by the end of February, 2012.
- Start Date: We started recruiting November 1, 2011.
- First Live Interviews: December 8, 2011.
- Candidate Requirements: Each candidate must complete a Personal Appraisal, Application, Telephone Interview, Emotional Intelligence Assessment, Six Character References, Credit Check, and Live Interview with 5 member team.
- Interview Capacity: We’ve been able to bring 5 – 7 men to Orlando weekly for a day of interviews with a five member team of Man in the Mirror executives. We hoped to do this twice a week, but that isn’t working out.
- Recruiting Results: 8,400 web visits to www.areadirectors.org, 1,400 viewings of the complete seven-minute recruiting video, 387 online Personal Appraisals, 104 Applications, 56 Assessments, 30 Live Interviews, and 22 Appointments.
- Locations of 20 Appointed Area Directors: 12 states as follows….
- California (2)
- Florida (4)
- Georgia (1)
- Illinois (2)
- Indiana (1)
- Kansas (1)
- New York (3)
- Ohio (1)
- South Carolina (1)
- Tennessee (1)
- Texas (1)
- Washington (2)
As the military axiom says, “No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.” We know we’ll need to make many readjustments. But as I told our major donors, “Even if this doesn’t work, it’s still the right thing to do.”
If you would, please simply pray, as Abraham’s servant prayed, that God will give us success on our mission. May His will be done.
#455 © 2012. Patrick Morley. All rights reserved. This article may be reproduced for non-commercial ministry purposes with proper attribution.