466 – Casting Vision with Faith and Life Objectives for All Your Men
NOTE: At FUEL, Man in the Mirror’s 2012 Leadership Summit, we presented eight tools that leaders can use with their men. Over eight weeks we’re going to present them to you, too. Click here to download the PDF version.
If you use The Journey to Biblical Manhood with the men of your church, this process is already built in to each Challenge. If not, you can adapt this for use with your seasonal or annual emphasis for men.
The Faith & Life Objectives business card is a great way to cast vision for all the men in your church. Here’s a step-by-step way to use this tool with your men. (Click here to view the actual cards used in the Journey to Biblical Manhood; you may use them as a launching pad for creating your own Faith & Life Objectives.)
- Get together with your pastor and other leaders and pray. Ask God to show you what He wants to accomplish in the lives of your men. Then brainstorm some ideas based on the direction He gives.
- Assign one man to draft the objectives for the group to edit. Consider having three objectives: one about what a man should know (head), another about what he should love and believe (heart), and another about what he should do (hands).
- Get final approval from your pastor and the team on the wording for the cards.
- Have someone do a layout of the objectives in a business card format. (Again, if you are using the Journey to Biblical Manhood you can download these from the website.)
- Print enough business cards so that every man in your church can receive one. You can use forms in your own computer printer or use a local or internet print shop.
- Pick a date before you launch your initiative to distribute the cards to every man in the church. Make sure to communicate that this is what you are praying God will do in all the men, not just those in the men’s ministry.