Special Update 2008
Special Update from David Delk
A few weeks ago we sent an email letting you know about our current financial situation. Thanks so much for your encouraging response. It’s heartening to see how many men and leaders across the world are passionate about discipling men.
This is the most strategic opportunity before us today. And it’s even more strategic as men see the economic and political turmoil of the day. So many men are desperate for the secure hope that only Christ can provide.
We received more than 200 emails of support, encouragement, and creative thinking. Our staff read each one and we prayed for all the requests which were included.
Many of the respondents shared that they too are facing a hard time financially – either personally or in their church. Others mentioned that they would be able to give an increased or special gift.
We are so thankful for this show of encouragement and support for the mission of helping leaders disciple men.
I thought I would let you know the steps we have taken to address our situation.
We made some long-term changes that, while painful, seemed necessary to prepare us for next year if the current climate continues…
- We released one full-time employee
- We transitioned four other full-time employees to part-time
- We reduced or eliminated hours for four other part-time employees
We also made some short-term changes to try to reduce the end of the year deficit that we are currently facing…
- Staff members took voluntary reductions in salary. Combined with the measures above, this saved 14.1% on our 4th quarter payroll.
- Equipping the Man in the Mirror will be published quarterly for at least the first half of 2009.
- We eliminated every optional expense through the end of the year – supplies, newsletter printing, optional travel, etc.
So far, we have not had to eliminate any ministry initiatives or programs.
We believe these changes will reduce our end of the year budget deficit by $126,000, and save us up to $190,000 in 2009. We would ask for your continued prayers. Depending on year-end income, we are still currently projecting a significant deficit for the end of 2008.
We are so grateful to be in the battle with you. Thanks for your support and partnership. Nothing has the power to transform the world like reaching and discipling men.
President, Man in the Mirror