For Every 10 Men In Your Church
For every 10 men in your church…
- 9 will have kids who leave the church1
- 8 will not find their jobs satisfying2
- 6 pay the monthly minimum on their credit card balances3
- 5 have a major problem with pornography4
- 4 will get divorced affecting 1,000,000 children per year5
- only 1 has a biblical worldview6
- all 10 will struggle to balance work and family
For the glory of Christ and no other reason,
1 “Swim with the sharks (and survive),” Go! Magazine, a publication of North American Mission Board, [Electronic version]. http://www.go.studentz.com/my_life/swim_with_the_sharks.htm, retrieved February 12, 2004 .
2 Ralph Mattson and Arthur Miller, Finding a Job You Can Love (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, Inc., 1982), 123.
3 Howard Dayton, Crown Financial Ministries, personal correspondence, January, 2004.
4 Family Safe Media, retrieved February 12, 2004 from http://www.familysafemedia.com/pornography_statistics.html
5 American Academy of Pediatrics, Family pediatrics report of the task force on the family [Electronic version]. (2003). Pediatrics, 111(6), 1541-1571.
6 Barna Research Group, Electronic Press Release, December 1, 2003